For more than 60 years, we’ve relied on a great team of enthusiastic, hard-working, and entrepreneurial individuals to help our store and brand succeed in the Muncie and Hartford City markets. We offer competitive compensation, a supportive work environment, an employee discount, and ability to pursue training and certification opportunities.
We’re currently hiring for the following positions. They’re open until filled. Please click here to fill out an employee application. Once you’ve submitted your application, our team will review and be in touch within 5 business days. No calls, please.
SEASONAL – Retail Associate – Heart & Soil Gifts & Greenhouse – APPLY
Do you have retail experience? Love Pinterest and design blogs? Can deliver great customer service? We’re looking for seasonal retail associates to support our gift shop and greenhouse during our busy holiday season. Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
General Manager (FT) – APPLY
The general manager position will partner closely with the store owner to maximize operations, manage staff, and increase sales across all three store locations. We’re looking for someone with hardware knowledge and retail experience who is energetic, innovative, great with customers, and likes to manage people. The general manager is responsible for profitably managing the stores, helping positively influence sales, maintaining a high level of customer service, and helping with weekly orders. He or she is responsible for reporting on the performance of employees and departments. This position is 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday with some weekends possible. Compensation is based on experience.
- Drive customer service level throughout the store to ensure customer service meets company expectations.
- Demonstrate respect for associates. Build and maintain morale.
- Execute policies and procedures according to company direction and follow all Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations.
- Continually communicate by walking the store and executing district and operation goals.
- Ensure weekly store manager team meetings are held.
- Build sales and improve gross margin. Ensure that Assistant Managers drive the business results Develop and adhere to store budget and do everything possible to meet or exceed the plan.
- Provide a clean, neat, and well-stocked place to shop. Merchandise in stock with the correct presentation and register ready.
- Manage the performance of all staff. Help with hiring, write manager schedules, and offer training when needed.
- Responsible for controlling and maintaining Store overnight security; i.e., door alarms, management call lists, store alarms, door keys, and safe combinations.
Education: College degree and/or equivalent work experience.
Experience: 3-4 years management experience preferably in a retail home improvement or hardware chain.
Skills: Working knowledge of a PC, financial literacy, excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening), multi-task oriented.
Small Engine Mechanic (PT) – APPLY
Our repair shop is a busy place with a talented team of mechanics. We’re looking to add an experienced small engine mechanic to work on the brands we carry: Stihl, Toro, Simplicity, and Snapper. We’ll need someone who can at times be customer facing and work well under pressure. This position is 20 hours a week and open until filled. Compensation is based on experience. We offer a supportive work environment, employee discount, and ability to pursue training and certification opportunities.